Friday, October 3, 2008

A Thousand Moons and A Thousand Words

The holiday week is almost over and students that took trips are beginning to return to campus. I stayed in Beijing and made several short excursions to different parts of the city and thought I would post pictures of the places I visited. None of them were too glamorous and the attractions were more the people themselves than the landmarks. On Tuesday I went to the Beijing Worker's Stadium, the American Embassy (which was closed), and some small shops. Wednesday I went to Beida, China's most prestigious university, or as my guidebook describes it, MIT and Harvard rolled into one. And on Friday I went to the Houhai Lake region, a kitschy tourist trap but still a nice place to walk. All in all a good week. You should be able to click on the picture below and it will take you to "10-1 album" where you can click on the first picture and then scroll through the rest.

10-1 Week

No comments: